After 3 months of intense work for product development, marketing and funding strategies, the Spherik acceleration startups presented their business within Demo Day 2017.
15 teams were accepted for the initial validation phase but only 10 of them have moved on to the acceleration stage.
They are active in the following business verticals: automotive, legal, fintech, digital advertising, eHealth, edTech and agriTech.
- The Spherik 2017 acceleration program began on May 23
- Teams from 7 countries and 3 continents applied to join the program
These are the startups that graduated the Spherik acceleration program:
- Baro (Moldova) – Efficient automatic campaign management for digital advertising agencies and companies with a high-number of Facebook pages.
- CleverWash (Romania) – finds the nearest carwash available right now. Since October 2016 they have 2200 registered users and 850 bookings that have been processed and are pending now to sign their first 4 corporate customers.
- Ad Tech Media (Moldova) – high-performance content monetization for publishers, journalists and bloggers with focus on customer’s user experience.
- Knowl (Ukraine) – compliance training tools powered by AI, such as: desktop and mobile apps with online/offline modes, text to speech mode, heatmap for complexity analysis of content, incremental training, etc.
- MyCar (Romania) – avoid fines by renewing car insurance and road taxes with a click of a button based on expiration reminders.
- Prism (Moldova) – smart inventory portfolio management. During the acceleration program, they have launched a new type of connection to the bookkeeping systems and warehouse management systems for easier onboarding. It was already piloted successfully with one customer;
- Eyesight (Romania) – lazy eye treatment using Virtual Reality gaming. Since joining the program they managed to pilot their device at a clinic with real lazy eye patients. During the 200 Seconds Seconds Of Fame, the iCEEfest startup contest, Eyesight was the winner of the public choice.
- JURIO (Romania) – allows to search for precedents and legal articles within seconds in the biggest Romanian case-law and legislation database.
- BreadXY (Romania) – data-driven animal breeding programs for breed societies, a web and mobile suite that provides functionalities and processes for breed societies to perform breeding book management, performance testing and genetic evaluation of breeding animals.
- bNesis (Ukraine) – SaaS that streamlines API integrations and teaches banking systems, even if it is legacy ones, “to talk” to billing, payment, financial and systems of other banks, simplifying and automating data transfer between them.
About Spherik Accelerator
Based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Spherik Accelerator was founded in 2013 as an NGO by Liberty Technology Park (Fribourg Capital), Transylvania Bank, Babes-Bolyai University and Technical University.
- Read on our blog: The most complex business accelerator in Romania: success story of Fribourg Capital and Spherik Accelerator
Built on a sustainable partnership between public and private entities, Spherik aims to boost the development of the tech startups ecosystem by creating an enabling community of partners, mentors and friends working together help entrepreneurs to grow and to create thriving businesses.