Tailwind, TDG’s leading ad-tech company in CEEMEA, recently released the findings of research on «The Status of Programmatic Trading in CEEMEA».
The survey reflects the level of understanding and adoption of Programmatic Advertising in the countries of Central,Southeast Europe and the Middle East. It is held for the 3rd consequent year and records key advertiser and publisher views on the challenges and opportunities of Programmatic Trading.
Highlights for CEE markets:
- Markets are now in the next stage of maturity, moving from understanding to adopting Programmatic Trading. More than 86% of respondents report they have “very good” or “excellent” understanding of Programmatic Advertising, while 80% have already introduced it into their organization.
- «Traditional» Dislpay and Mobile ads, remain dominant, with an adoption rate of over 91% and 89%, respectively. The opportunities of new formats, such as Oustream Video and Native formats (e.g., Content Recommendation) are recognized, but there is still significant room for growth.
- Brand Safety is recorded as the main point of concern for publishers and advertisers. Its safeguard is recorded as the most important, industry-wide issue and is expected to become a cornerstone for the further development of Programmatic Trading.
- Skills development, for the majority of buyers (39.5%) and Finding the ideal mix between Direct sales and Programming Capabilities for publishers (47%), are recorded as the primary factors to unlock further development.
- Optimism for 2017, with 49.2% of publishers and 42.9% of buyers saying they expect more than 10% of revenue and budget respectively being Programmatic.
The Middle East is, for the first time, being examined separately.
The findings indicate that the market is quickly evolving from the testing phase to leveraging technology usage and seeking for best practices. Compared with the previous year responses, an increase of 135% is recorded, in the understanding of Programmatic at an “excellent” level.
When it comes to use of Programmatic Advertising, more than half of respondents suggest they use Programmatic channels for both Branding and Performance campaigns, signalling a market that deeply understands the value and capabilities of Programmatic advertising.