Publisher, content creator and advertiser all in one, Playbuzz is today one of the biggest players when it comes to media industry.
With an estimated 10 million shares per month on Facebook, the content generated from Playbuzz is a hot subject in every big newsroom around the world.
Giving the fact that Playbuzz was founded only 4 years ago, it’s clear that they know what they’re doing so everybody’s question is: what’s the secret?
Recipe for engagement optimization
The ingredients of success
- Formats: content agnostic engaging formats (Video, Conversations, Quiz)
- Data: real time content consumption analysis optimizes engagement
- Distribution: embed content any site, app or social channel
How to get engagement
“Shares are the highest form of engagement“, believes Tom. But in order to be shareable, your content has to be really special.
If no one is engaged with your content, they aren’t going to share it, right? So, this is what Playbuzz is trying to teach us: “discovery, engagement and personal affinity are the 3 major steps your content have to go through“.
Present @ ICEEfest, Tom gave us some insights about a topic, first used in a regular format and then in a Playbuzz format. And all the results go in one direction: there is a secret and they have it!
Topic on a Regular format VS. Playbuzz format
- Time spent per item: 15 secs VS. 1:50
- Share rate: 0.2% VS. 5%
- Completion rate: 22% VS. 92%
Discover more about Tom’s content engagement recommendations in his ICEEfest presentation.
How can you get access?
- If you have a valid ticket for ICEEfest 2016:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org you’ll receive your password in 1 hour or less.
- If you don’t have a ticket for ICEEfest 2016:
For any other question please email us at email@example.com and we will reply in 1 hour or less.
For other great keynotes from ICEEfest ’16, please check out the ICEE Academy.