With a few days left ‘till the show begins, the iCEE.fest 2018 AGENDA is complete. This year, you can choose from 9 spectacular content streams.
Close to 200 global experts and speakers confirmed their attendance in Bucharest, June 14 & 15.
Working in VR/ AR or Creativity industry? The complete line-up is here. To warm you up a little… here are some of the case studies and campaigns made by some of the agencies and companies to present live on stage this year in a cinematic experience @ Grand Cinema & More – our 2nd home.
1. 3D Painting: Phelps Vs. Shark (360 Video) by Discovery
Artist Wesley Allsbrook depicts Michael Phelps, the greatest swimmer of all time, facing off against the ocean’s most powerful predator in this 3D painting.
- VP of Interactive & VR Discovery Agency, Cory Key will be on Upgrade Stage, June 15
2. “The Slide” by Happy Finish: 360 VR experience for The View from The Shard
Towering at 95 stories high, The Shard, the UK’s tallest building, has attracted visitors across the globe for an unparalleled view of London’s iconic skyline.
For a truly remarkable visit to the British landmark, visitors travel upward in high-speed lifts to The View from The Shard, the building’s premium, open-air Skydeck.
Eager to integrate Virtual Reality into the attraction, The View from The Shard turned to Happy Finish to develop a thrilling addition to enhance their already spectacular Skydeck view.
3. Skoda Fabia AR by Happy Finish
The agency put the consumer right inside the new Fabia in an oversized AR experience that ran on the largest digital screen in Europe.
More than 200 people a day designed their own Fabia car, and the stunt was featured in a variety of media, from marketing to automobile magazines, giving Skoda the coverage they were after for the Fabia launch.
- Global CEO @ Happy Finish, Daniel Cheetham will be @ iCEE.fest 2018/ Upgrade Stage/ June 15
4. “Ghost in the shell”: VR experience by REWIND
Ghost in the Shell VR is a partnership between REWIND, Here Be Dragons, Oculus, Paramount, and Dreamworks. The VR experience takes viewers into The Major’s (Scarlett Johansson) world and psyche.
- Available publicly for Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR
- Built from the ground up using Unreal Engine 4 and Unity game engines
5. HOME – A VR Spacewalk by Rewind
Home’s ambition as a piece of VR is to combine a strong narrative and sense of drama with the incredible impact possible in an immersive experience, to encourage and enhance the public’s interest in space.
The interactive VR experience sees you traversing the International Space Station, journeying on the Canadarm and jetpacking back to safety.
It puts you at the center of the story, taking you on an emotional and personal journey while delivering beautiful, heart-stopping and memorable moments.
REWIND collaborated with BBC Studios Digital, BBC Studios Science, and BBC Learning to create this epic 15-minute immersive virtual reality experience.
- Head of Special Projects @ REWIND, Oliver Kibblewhite will take the iCEE.fest 2018 stage on June 15/ Upgrade Stage
6. A 4D Snowboarding VR experience for the 2018 Winter Olympics by UNIT9
“Samsung: Snowboard VR” takes users through a hyper-real journey complete with vast canyons, sheer rock cliff, and a gravity-defying ‘world in the sky’.
Before donning the VR headsets, users at the 2018 Winter Olympics stood on a physical snowboard which replicated the movements of the snowboard in the VR scene, providing a deeper sense of immersion.
7. Amazon Echo: Escape Room by Unit9
The Amazon Echo experience was the world’s first voice-activated escape room.
Teams navigated through a series of five rooms, solving intricate puzzles along the way.
They had to conquer a laser maze without tripping up and put mind over matter in an interrogation room. But each team had one very superior advantage: Alexa was a member of the team.
8. Honda R vs. R by Unit9
What happens when you pit Indy race car driver Graham Rahal against professional video gamer Peter Jeakins?
Honda wanted to find out using one of its highest performing vehicles, the Honda Civic Type R and Microsoft’s mixed reality technology.
The agency had to deliver a tech-infused, data-driven experience where the real-world 2018 Type R actually raced the Xbox One Forza Motorsport 7 version.
- Co-founder and a Creative partner @ Unit9, Tom Sacchi will give us the details on June 15/ Upgrade Stage
9. Performance capture with Dimension
New immersive platforms demand a re-think in how to capture human performances, so they are believable, emotional, and exciting.
Volumetric video enables you to record actors, performers, and animals to create virtual and mixed reality experiences that feel more real, or produce multi-dimensional magic for 2D and touchscreen devices.
- Find out more from Simon Windsor, Co-Founder & Director Dimension Studio/ Upgrade Stage/ June 15
10. Face by Holition
An immersive virtual cosmetic experience using innovative technology where smartphones and tablets act as a mirror to try on the latest colors, shades, and textures of makeup.
- The application is available on iOS and Android, as well as on devices in retail outlets.
- Co-Founder & Chief Executive @ Holition, Jonathan Chippindale will be on Upgrade Stage, June 14
11. Hungerithm by MediaCom
The Hungerithm is a hunger-algorithm monitoring the online mood by analyzing social posts daily, changing Snickers prices at every
7-Eleven in Australia. The angrier the Internet got, the cheaper Snickers became.
- The results? 67% sales increase. 55% category growth. 30m impressions. 4m reach.
- The campaign was awarded Gold @ Cannes Lions.
- Global Head of Mobile @ MediaCom, Ben Phillips will be @ iCEE.fest/ Upgrade Stage, June 14
12. “This Is The Jacket” by Social Chain
It took the agency less than two months to meet the brief, in which time they drove 2,904,367 engagements, 3,004,162 video views, 26,736,360 impressions and £272,000 in revenue from social media.
After they saw the commercial, 600K people said their opinion of Superdry (the manufacturer) is more favorable, especially the millennial audience, aged 18-34.
- Insights from Oliver Yonchev, Business Director @ Social Chain/ iCEE.fest 2018/ Upgrade Stage/ June 14
13. “Who Stole the Cup?” by BBH London
The campaign is produced by Spanish director Pedro Martin-Calero and features football legends Maradona, Cafu and Stefan Effenburg, alongside former Real Madrid manager, Vicente del Bosque.
- Lucian Trestler, Strategy Director & Melanie Arrow, Entertainment Lead and Strategy Director, both from BBH London will be on Upgrade Stage, June 15
14. Safe Lock by N=5
Safe Lock was the winning campaign @ Eurobest 2017.
- The Safe Lock app is connected to the network via the smartphone
- When the lock is opened, a signal temporarily blocks data and telephone traffic while cycling
- When the bicycle is locked again, the signal releases the data.
- The founder of the Dutch agency N=5, Marc Oosterhout joins iCEE.fest 2018/ Upgrade Stage/ June 15
15. Unruly – Future Home 360º
The project showcases actual and conceptual IoT and connected home tech from News Corp, consumer tech brands and the hottest start-ups on the planet.
Unruly partnered with experts on everything from sleep and interior design to internet safety and VR to make Home an unforgettable space for learning and exploration.
- Futurist @ Unruly, Simon Gosling will be on Upgrade Stage, June 15