Mike‘s 20-year career has taken him across the globe – from Sydney, where he is currently based, to San Francisco, Amsterdam, London, and Bucharest.
Yes, Bucharest, because since 2016 he’s the Chief Innovation Officer at QUALITANCE– an emerging technology and innovation company with the headquarters in the capital of Romania.
- QUALITANCE is working with large companies, such as Virgin, GE, IKEA, Deutsche Telekom, to help them develop revolutionary new products and services that leverage next-generation technologies.
An advisor to Fortune 500’s such as Nike, Xbox, Levi’s, Breville, and startups like Finn and FasterIntel, Mike Parsons delivered many fascinating innovation projects in Silicon Valley. He has a vast experience ranging from working with the worldwide board of GE to innovate on corporate culture to building revolutionary new models for B2B money transfers for Wells Fargo (Nike’s most successful digital engagement platform) and an immersive VR experience for IKEA.
- In 2016, Mike sold LaunchPodium, his Silicon Valley startup specialized in experience design and storytelling
- In 2017, he co-founded Moonshots – Adventures in Innovation– a podcast program that goes behind the scenes of the world’s greatest innovators to discover the secrets to their success.
VIDEO/ Mike Parsons talking about how design thinking can delight customers and engage employees
During his time in advertising, Mike won many global awards – DA&D Pencils, Cannes Lion’s, Effie’s – even a TED award.
His talks span innovation, marketing and embracing change in the business world. He’s appeared on CNN and has spoken at numerous events including the FT Media Summit and the Design Thinking Forum.
- The company has been includedin the prestigious ranks of Financial Times 1000 in 2017 and 2018, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Inc.5000 Europe, and recognized as one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe
- Awards: eGrowthAward at 2018 eFinance Gala, Youngest Romanian Brand in Silicon Valley at 2017 Wall Street Gala and Company of the Year at ANIS Gala 2017.