Meet our new confirmed world-class speaker for iCEE.fest: UPGRADE 100.
With 20 years of experience at the intersection of design, innovation and branding, Ashley Benigno has a solid track record in successfully designing & launching innovative brands & services, as well as defining & delivering top performing campaigns in over 80 countries across the globe.
As Group Director at Fjord Milan, he helps his clients and team push the boundaries of service design to deliver work that is always fresh and best-in-class in terms of experience, to ensure it is always designed around the evolving needs of both end-users and the business.
Previous roles have included:
- Helping set up user experience and innovation teams for 3 Italy in the early days of 3G
- Being a mobile future strategist for the Hutchison Whampoa Group, a creative director at Nokia, and leading global marketing campaigns for Microsoft
- In addition, he regularly speaks at industry events and writes the odd article for publications such as Wired.
What Fjord do and how
Founded in 2001 as a service design consultancy, Fjord was acquired by Accenture in 2013. Today, the company has a diverse team of 1,000+ design, innovation and technology experts in 27 studios around the world.
They have nine global creative hubs including Berlin, Helsinki, Istanbul, London, Madrid, New York, Paris, San Francisco, and Stockholm. Clients include the BBC, BBVA, Citibank, Harvard Medical School, Nokia, PayPal, Qualcomm, and Telefónica, among others.
“We put people first, to design, build and launch experiences that redefine industries in our constantly evolving digital era”
- Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations
- With more than 450,000 people serving clients in over 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Fjord’s Work & Projects
Fjord’s connected products team worked with Auris Health to design the Monarch Platform, a revolutionary flexible endoscopic technology that promises to fight lung cancer by enabling physicians to diagnose hard-to-reach, small peripheral nodules earlier and with greater precision than ever before.
- They interviewed a number of professional users to consider not only the needs of the patients but also of the medical team caring for that patient
- They considered the medical team’s entire experience, including planning the procedure, the signals and feedback the machinery offers, and the application of the data gathered during an operation.
Global success from a financial crisis
They developed a mobile banking app that could be easily adopted by a non-digital audience.
- Fjord focused on building an app for people with little or no digital banking experience
- Less than one year after its launch, the client has doubled the usage of mobile banking.
More about Fjord’s work, on their website.
Until we’ll see Ashley Benigno @ iCEE.fest – UPGRADE 100, this is his presentation on “Humans at the heart of digital”