On April 2017, we published this article on icee.news: Romanian startup UiPath raises a 30 million USD funding from Accel Partners. With a 600% growth that year, the company became very attractive for the big players in the market.
“This round of funding will be focused on a global hiring push to support the huge demand for our product on the market” said Daniel Dines, UiPath Co-founder and CEO, at the time.
However, that was a definite turning point for UiPath, the company that now, two years later, confirmed it had closed a Series D round of $568 million at a post-money valuation of $7 billion.
“Business leaders everywhere are augmenting their workforces with software robots, rapidly accelerating the digital transformation of their entire business and freeing employees to spend time on more impactful work,” Daniel Dines, in a statement
So far, UiPath focused on internal and back-office tasks in areas like accounting, human resources paperwork, and claims processing, a booming business that has seen UiPath expand its annual run rate to more than $200 million (versus $150 million six months ago) and its customer base to more than 400,000 people. [source]
Today, the question of what will UiPath might look into next, is on everyone’s lips.
>>> UiPath – from 100 million to 7 billion USD in 2 years will be a Special Moment during the iCEE.fest: UPGRADE 100 festival this year, featuring Razvan Atim – Business Dev Manager @ UiPath.
For the first time at the festival, a robot will co-host one of the main stages: 3-5CU.
An autonomous service robot for your business, 3-5CU is designed to work in crowded spaces, where, by moving autonomously, it helps people navigate, communicates and answers any questions, shows promotional materials and remembers everyone with whom it interacted.
And here’s the line-up for AI & ROBOTICS session:
Dan Oros, Head of Marketing Romania @ Google
- Prior to joining Google, Dan was Country Manager for BlaBlaCar, the world’s largest carpooling platform, in Romania, Hungary and Croatia
- Before that he worked as management consultant for A.T. Kearney and as Head of Special Projects for Ana Holding.
Nancy Nemes, Founder @ Ms. AI
- Nancy Nemes is a tech trendsetter, a global connector and a hands-on leader with international experience in high tech across Europe, USA, Canada and South America
- Her passion is in pioneering, implementing and optimizing the impact of mobile, digital, and social tech aiming at enriching people lives through digital solutions.
Romain Lerallut, Engineering Director @ Criteo
- Romain is heading the Criteo AI Lab in Paris, a center of excellence dedicated to the creation, experimentation and at-scale deployment of machine learning technology that got kicked-off in 2018 with an initial funding of 20 million USD.
- Prior to the launch of the Lab in 2018, he spent 6 years as a manager in the Engine department, in charge of building large-scale machine learning algorithms to solve actual problems such as product recommendation or graphical layout optimization.
Mihai Costache, Engineering Competence Centre Deputy Director @ Thales
- Mihai is a software engineering expert and seasoned manager with over 15 years of international experience in driving business and technology innovation through people
- He is now leading Thales’s Engineering Competence Centre in Romania, where his mission is to deliver a first class engineering capability to the Group thanks to the existing ecosystem of skilled engineers and the agile environment that Bucharest has to offer.
Wayne Butterfield, Director Cognitive Automation & Innovation @ Information Services Group (ISG)
- Wayne is responsible for all AI & Cognitive Automation deployments across EMEA, either building on existing RPA deployments or moving straight into AI & Cognitive
- Working with clients across the UK and Europe, Wayne is very hands on, in this new and exciting tech space, making use of technologies like Virtual Agents/Chat Bots, Intelligent OCR & Image recognition or Prediction & Automated Decisioning tools to increase the reach of automation tech into new areas of the business, delivering business value as well customer experience benefits when applicable.
The digital transformation festival of CEE will take place on June, 13th& 14th, in Bucharest – Romania.
You can check the speakers for each content track by clicking the links bellow:
DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION | ADVERTISING & MARCOM | CREATIVITY & EXPERIENTIAL | AI & ROBOTICS | eCOMMERCE & RETAIL | DIGITAL CONTENT & ADTECH | FINTECH & eMONEY | eHEALTH & MEDTECH | TECH & DEMOCRACY | STARTUPS & INVESTMENTS | VIDEO GAMING & ENTERTAINMENT -> all the speakers, grouped on each content stream are listed here.