Over 4 billion people, out of the total 7.5 billion, have online access which represents a real opportunity but also a challenge for everyone involved in the content making industry.
The opportunity part is obvious: the more readers/users/clients – the better. Data is the new oil.
The challenging part comes mainly due to the latest tech developments. Yes, we have had “fake news” around us since the first human has learned to lie – the problem is that now “the lie” spreads more rapidly and has a much better reach.
The New York Times, CNN, Netflix, Sky TV, El Mundo, VICE, Discovery Channel and many other content producers, publishers and content ad technology providers will be in Bucharest on June 14, 15 to talk about how their companies are coping & dealing with all the benefits & problems tech has brought into their lives.
iCEE.fest 2018 will raise the discussion level by adding into the context the biggest players on the market:
- Google is going to talk with the publishers and their plans to help the industry
- Facebook has had a hectic year, so we’re going to be all ears regarding their plans
- Social Chain, the biggest publisher which isn’t a publisher, is back (check their presentation from 2017 academy – How to break the internet/ Steve Bartlett)
- Tamedia, Ringier’s main competitor in Switzerland – but, hey, they also have a company with Ringier, Admeira, where they sell online advertising together. Interesting, uh?
Long story short, this is the line-up iCEE.fest 2018 has gathered for you in the digital content area (some more speakers might be confirmed last-minute). Anyway, here are the main 5 “chapters” of our story, this year:
1. The Global Giant’s View
Yann Lafargue, Corporate Communication EMEA @ Netflix, the world’s leading internet entertainment service with 125 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films.
- Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen
- Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
- Eero is working on strategic relationships and collaboration between Google and the news industry
- Before joining Google in 2012, he worked nearly 15 years in various senior publishing industry positions in Finland, Turkey, and Russia in companies like Sanoma Group and Hürriyet
- Eero also has an M.Sc. in Engineering
- Andrew oversees general management responsibilities while serving as a cross-functional liaison
- He is working with product, engineering, sales, business development, marketing, and finance to drive Facebook’s most important strategic priorities within the region
- He joined Facebook after some years at UTV Radio, where he was responsible for strategic sales & marketing policies, driving revenue across the company’s portfolio of radio stations
2. Original Content for Social Media
- Alex is a serial entrepreneur, speaker, editor, and social media coach
- He is a returning speaker @ iCEE.fest
- His presentation from last year is available in the academy
VIDEO/ Weapons of mass seduction
VIDEO/ Revelation Case study
- Oliver is responsible for the commercial output of the agency, while overseeing the Client Service and Project delivery teams
- At 28, he is at the forefront of delivering global marketing campaigns for some of the biggest brands in the world – Apple, Amazon, Coca-Cola, Dreamworks, FIFA, Superdry and many more.
3. Branded and Innovative Content
- Costas joined VICE from Samsung Europe and before that he headed the global in-house creative agency for Nokia and later on Microsoft
- He has delivered numerous campaigns from product launches to digital activations, including collaborations with NASA, Red Bull, National Geographic and his work has received awards and recognition in the areas of digital content and experiential.
- Cory is responsible for establishing Discovery Agency’s Interactive team in 2006 after recognizing a growing need and opportunity to set Discovery Communications and its brands apart
- The team has won numerous awards in conjunction with their internal clients, including an Interactive Emmy for work on Skywire Live and two Webby Awards
Most recently, Key has helped launch Discovery VR, a new brand of experiences combining the immersive power of virtual reality with Discovery’s 30-year history of engaging and exceptional content:
VIDEO/ Living on Ice: Antarctica 360 VR Video, Discovery
4. Global and Regional TV and News Providers
- Aldo is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all Sky Italia’s digital marketing activities.
“In Digital Marketing and CMO-level roles for brands including Sky, HP / Snapfish, 3-H3G, TIM and Ericsson, I’ve led revenue turnarounds over $600M”, Aldo Agostinelli
- In his role at IAB Italia(part of the Interactive Advertising Bureau, which empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy) Aldo oversees numerous talks and reports on trending topics in the digital sector.
- Brandon is responsible for leading a global team of Digital Directors and works closely with CNN’s advertising teams to create multi-platform campaigns with a digital-first approach
- Keenen’s 15-year career and media experience focused on sales, management, and tech roles including Senior Director at Buzzfeed Europe and Head of Sales for AOL Europe.
- He oversees all international activities for The New York Times Company’s portfolio of products
- Before this, he was the Advertising Director EMEA for the International Herald Tribune since 1999 when he first joined the company
- In previous assignments, Jean-Christophe was the Deputy Managing Director of Advertising for the French newspaper Le Monde and held various positions in media research and marketing for the Media Representation branch of the Publicis Advertising Group
- He was educated in the United States where he received both a Bachelor and a Masters degree in Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. He has three daughters.
- Sergio has been in charge of communities, product development and, now, digital transformation and innovation
- Also, he has worked as head of product at Unidad Editorial, where he has been in charge of platforms such as the publisher CMS and several redesigns and launching of websites and apps for leading Spanish brands as EL MUNDO, Marca, Expansion or Telva.
- She’s a corporate exec with broad media experience and international experience, derived from over 20 years in media companies both internationally and locally along with setting up of new co, change management, and daily running media companies across media platforms
- Specialties: Digital media, Leadership, Sales and marketing, Strategy, M&A, Strategic partnerships, Print and Digital operations, Pay-TV management, Radio operations and Start-up management.
- Gazeta was created on the eve of the parliamentary elections in 1989 and the first independent newspaper in Poland, while its publisher Agora grew into one of the largest and most renowned media companies in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Agora’s operations include publishing of newspapers and magazines, out-of-home advertising, radio broadcasting, online activities and selling collections of books and books with CDs and DVDs.
5. Advertising Technologies For Publishers
- The platform enables any online entity to establish a direct connection and dialogue between their users, who enjoy full control over their data, through a decentralized authentication process, respecting both privacy and security requirements.
- Toms is an online advertising expert with extensive knowledge in media business and technologies
- He has over 10-year experience in ad serving and is a founder of Setupad
- He is helping publishers to yield more revenues and improve user experience with advertising
- Besides homeland in Baltics, Toms is now developing publishers’ business in Poland, Hungary, and Romania
- The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification, and selection
- The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg, and Serbia.
More speakers are about to be confirmed so… stay tuned! 😉
iCEE.fest 2018 will take place in Bucharest, RO – June 14 & 15
Be part of the show and
In doubt? Watch this for 90 Seconds 😉