Here’s a fact: according to a survey from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, American drivers spend annually an average of more than 17,600 minutes — or about 293 hours — behind the wheel. [source]
In a lifetime, that means approximately 30k hours and over 1 million kilometers, which is approximately the distance it takes to drive to the moon more than three times!
And let’s not forget that, according to the TomTom Traffic Index, much of this time is spent in traffic jams:
- Bucharest is the city with the biggest traffic jams in Europe, meaning a +50% extra time travel
- The Romanian capital in followed by Moscow (44%) and Saint-Petersburg (41%)
That being said, it’s only natural that the auto industry is trying to invest a lot of money and tech into the comfort of its future buyers.
Here are 5 of the most desired smart cars technologies. For now and in the near future:
- Augmented Reality Head-Up Display: You are receiving relevant information without having to look at a center console display or your smartphones
- Autonomous driving system: This concept will only require you to get in and take a seat. The vehicle does the rest. You’ll be able to get a lot of work done in this kind of car because you’ll not have to worry about the actual driving.
- Perfect integration with Smartphones: With so much time spent in traffic jams, you’ll have to be able to do more than play music on your smartphone, for example, the need to control your smartphone’s functionality through voice commands or even buttons on the steering wheel.
- Body panel batteries: The future is electric! But, in our days, the batteries are heavy and bulky. The size and number of batteries an electric car needs represents a problem for the design division of any auto manufacturing company.
- Self-healing paint: No matter how incredible that sounds, this technology already exists, just not in consumer cars yet. Scratches on your car heal themselves in a few minutes and the car looks as good as new.
This technologies can’t escape you of the traffic jams but it could improve your daily driving experiences.
More about Smart Cars @ iCEE.fest 2017, on June 15th and 16th.
Don’t miss the best price available and join the place to be for the CEE digital industry this June.